Home » Insurance Information » Insurance Claim » File Claim
Filing an Insurance Claim
It is important taking into account that you are in a foreign Country and the laws and traffic regulations are different from those in the United States of America or Canada. If you are involved in an accident or if your vehicle is stolen you must call your Mexico Auto Insurance provider toll free in Mexico at the numbers below. HDI Seguros offer toll free service 24 hours a day 365 days per year, also bilingual representatives are available for assistance.
DO NOT Leave Mexico without reporting your accident to the Insurance Company and the police authorities.
HDI Seguros The toll-free number for HDI Seguros: From a Mexican Phone 01-800-019-6000, from a US phone 1-888-212-7642
You will need to provide the following information:
- Policy Number
- Name of the Insured and/or the driver
- Vehicle identification: year, make, model, type, color and license plate, VIN number
- Place or address where the accident occurred.
- Do not leave the vehicle unattended since the insurance policy does not cover partial theft or parts.
- If the vehicle is moved from the scene of the accident, you must inform the insurance
company of the new location.
- When the adjuster arrives, you will be asked to give the following documents:
a) Insurance Policy
b) A valid driver's license.
- You will be asked to complete an accident report. Please do so since failure to do that may result in rejection of the claim.
- Do not make personal agreements and do not sign any documents without the presence of a Representative of the Company.
- Do not give any document to anyone without consulting with our representative, if you have no other choice, keep copies of the documents.
- Do not offer or give any money to anyone claiming to be in a position to help you
- We suggest not to use any mobile phone bought in The United States of America or
Canada to report a claim or request Assistance.
- The Adjuster's job is to help you in case of accident, your cooperation is important.
Procedures When you Return Home form Mexico
When you return to your home country you should also contact your U.S. or Canadian Insurance providers and inform them that your car was stolen or damaged in Mexico. To check on the status of you Mexico Auto Insurance claim once you are back at home contact International Claims Service 1-800-284-9783
ALL CLAIMS MUST BE REPORTED PRIOR TO LEAVING MEXICO
Failure to report a claim before leaving Mexico, may result in your claim being denied. To Report a Claim Contact your Mexico Insurance Provider at the Numbers Provided Above
INSURANCE IS VALID ONLY IN THE REPUBLIC OF MEXICO
Source: HDI Seguros Claims Procedures and Terms & Conditions