Home » Insurance Information » Insurance Claim » File Claim

Filing an Insurance Claim

It is important to remember that you are in a foreign country and the laws and traffic regulations are different from those in the United States of America or Canada. If you are involved in an accident or if your vehicle is stolen, you must immediately call HDI Seguros, your Auto Insurance provider, at the numbers below. HDI Seguros offers claims service 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, also bilingual representatives are available for assistance.

DO NOT Leave Mexico without reporting your accident to the Insurance Company and the police authorities.

HDI Seguros

HDI Seguros Dial toll-free from a Mexican Phone 01-800-019-6000 or Direct Dial from a US cell phone 477-710-4781 (Mexico phone #).

You will need to provide the following information:

  • Policy Number
  • Name of the Insured and/or the driver
  • Vehicle information: year, make, model, color, license plate, & VIN number
  • Location or address where the accident occurred.

Important Tips

  • Do not leave the vehicle unattended since you are responsible to ensure that it is out of harm's way.
  • If the vehicle is moved from the scene of the accident, you must inform the insurance
    company of the new location.
  • When the adjuster arrives, you will be asked to give the following documents:
    a) Insurance Policy
    b) A valid driver's license.
  • You will be asked to complete an accident report. Please do so since failure to do that may result in rejection of the claim.
  • Do not make personal agreements and do not sign any documents without the presence of an adjuster or another representative of the insurance company.
  • Do not give any document to anyone without consulting the insurance company. If you have no other choice, keep copies of the documents.
  • Do not offer or give any money to anyone claiming to be in a position to help you.
  • The Adjuster's job is to help you in case of a claim; your cooperation is important.

Procedures When you Return Home from Mexico

When you return to your home country you should also contact your U.S. or Canadian Insurance providers and inform them that your car was stolen or damaged in Mexico. If you are having your vehicle repaired in the U.S. or Canada, you must contact International Claims Service (ICS) at 1-800-284-9783 or 956-682-1353. They will require you to complete some additional paperwork and make arrangements so an adjuster can inspect the vehicle and make a repair report based on part and labor prices in your area. If your vehicle was stolen and you have a lienholder, ICS will assist you with completing your claim and making payment to your lienholder.

Failure to report a claim before leaving Mexico may result in your claim being denied. To Report a Claim, Contact HDI Seguros in Mexico at 477-710-4781.


Google Maps
© Copyright. All rights reserved.
Powered by Insurance Website Builder