Welcome to the mexbound.com guide to Baja surfing Seven Sisters. Thanks to our San Diego roots, we’re able to provide you with firsthand, detailed information on Surfing in Baja. Before you leave on your next adventure south of the border, be sure to purchase Mexican Auto Insurance from mexbound.com, the surfer’s choice. Remember, mexbound.com is "the first choice for the smart traveler."
The famous "Seven Sisters," area of Baja has probably some of the best surf you will find anywhere. The famous "Seven Sisters," which is a series of right point breaks that stretch from Punta Cono all the way to Punta Rosarito, "The Wall." The winter winds create an upwelling in the water, making these perfect points freezing, the water temperature is sometimes as much as 10 degrees colder than San Diego. At famous "Seven Sisters," It is not rare to see guys in 4mm suits, with booties; you may even see guys in hoods.
- Punta Cono -Right point break that breaks best on Winter West swells.
- Punta Maria - Right rock reef point. Needs a strong West or Northwest.
- Punta Lobos - Really good right point reef break. Needs a West or Northwest swell.
- Punta Negra - Good right point reef break. Needs a West or Northwest swell.
- Punta Rocosa - Right rock reef point. Needs a strong West or Northwest.
- Punta Santa Rosalillita - Perfect right point break. Best on a big West. To get completely away from the crowds head to Bahi Santa Rosalillita, which begins after the point. Here you will find a bunch of reefs with no one in site.
- Punta Rosarito - The Wall is located 18 miles south of Punta Santa Rosalillita. It is a consistent right point break that takes most swells, but it breaks best on a West and Northwest. The Wall is Legendary for its power and size.
Surfing Seven Sisters
The famous "Seven Sisters," 400 miles down Mexico Highway 1. To get to these breaks it is best to go to Punta Santa Rosalillita and head either North or South. The roads to the beach are decent, but some breaks require 4-wheel drives to get to. Most of these breaks offer camping on the beach.